High Erucic Acid Rape (HEAR)
Growing High Erucic Acid Rape (HEAR) for a premium market will considerably increase the profitability of your Oilseed Rape.
The market for Erucic Acid is well-established and increasing, which provides an opportunity for expansion of HEAR production for 2017.
The HEAR crop is Brassica napus, the same species as '00' Rapeseed.
The difference lies in the oil profile. HEAR contains around 50% erucic acid compared with less than 2% in '00' varieties.
Demand globally is growing. The unique properties of HEAR oil and its constituents are irreplaceable in a variety of industrial and food applications, including high temperature lubricants, slip agents, printing ink, cosmetics and consumable spreads.
Many new elite varieties are in the breeding programme and being released to continue the improvements for grower production. If you grow Rape then you can grow HEAR and enhance your profitability.
HEAR contracts are designed to return growers a premium over '00'
It’s an easy transition from ‘00’ to HEAR!
HEAR has a different oil profile to '00' Rape. In other respects it is identical
- Same agronomy as '00' Rape
- Same yield per hectare as '00' Rape
- Same full FOSFA 26a oil, moisture and admixture bonuses as '00' Rape
- PLUS A £35.00/t PREMIUM OVER '00' RAPE
- Harvest movement allows efficient use of farm storage
- Pool System (optional) provides a risk management, removes volatility and regular payments.
- 'Produce of Acreage' contract means no risk of default.