Canary Seed Marketing and Contracts
The Benefits of Growing Canary Seed
A combination of high values and low growing costs produce margins that beat most other spring crop options....
In the UK, the wild birdseed market is now believed to be worth upwards of £200m/year and is steadily increasing year on year. Whilst in global terms the Millet market is small (certainly compared to most other arable crops) there is certainly scope for additional UK production.
One of the potential problems of "niche" crops like Canary Seed is movement and marketing.
To ensure grower peace of mind, all production is contract grown. Premium Crops has established links direct to the major birdseed packers.
For added security all Premium Crops Canary Seed contracts offer:
- "Produce of the Hectarage" terms, so there is no risk to growers from being defaulted - very important with a crop that they could be unfamiliar with.
- Seed of varieties best suited to UK conditions
- Full step-by-step agronomic advice
- Buy-Back contracts for orderly marketing and maximum returns
- Cleaning and drying facilities, if required
Click here to download details of the 2018 terms and costings